Any clues to source of this delay?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Tue Aug 3 13:23:35 EDT 1999

In article <al8vhaxtg1y.fsf at sirppi.helsinki.fi>,
Markus Stenberg  <mstenber at cc.Helsinki.FI> wrote:

>On Linux, single connections have 'glass ceiling' of 50 roundtrips/second;
>no matter what I kludge, it seems to stay there. Only way to fix this was
>to send 'empty' packets after processed ones, thus increasing throughput by
>about 5X.
>
>On NT, the glass ceiling is same, just 1/10 of Linux's (5
>roundtrips/second).

I can probably explain part of the NT problem: I bet you're using
Workstation instead of Server.  Workstation has artificial limits.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)