Python / Cool looking applications?

TMGB bennettt at am.appstate.edu
Mon Aug 23 11:10:33 EDT 1999

In addition to Mr. Clarke's suggestion, seeing that cool-looking is in
the eye of the beholder I'll just suggest an implementation you may want
to look at.  If you are using Linux 5.2 (I'm not sure about other
versions) you may want to look at the netconfig setup program.  If you
run it and then run ps from a term window you should see "python
path2file"  where path2file is the path and file being loaded in python
to run the netconfig program.  If it is a .py file you should be able to
bring it up in an editor to view it.

Thomas

Gerald Gutierrez wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've been looking into using Python as UI glue and at Python's imaging
> extensions. Are there any examples of very cool looking interfaces or
> otherwise well-designed interfaces that are built in Python?
>
> Also, does anyone know of any applications that use Python's imaging
> extensions?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Please forward replies to gutier at intergate.bc.ca.

Thomas McMillan Grant Bennett           Appalachian State University
Computer Consultant II                  University Library
bennettt at am.appstate.edu
http://www.library.appstate.edu/admin/
Voice:  828 262 6587			FAX:    828 262 3001

Windows 95 is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit patch for an 8-bit
operating system that was originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor.
 - Chris Dunphy     Boot Magazine