pyKDE

A.M. Kuchling amk at mira.erols.com
Mon Aug 23 19:56:03 EDT 1999

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 15:03:18 GMT, Jeremy <jeremy at exit109.com> wrote:
>Is anyone using pyKDE?  I'm trying to get it to work.  It compiled fine,
>but actually trying to use it, even just 'import kde', results in:
> /usr/local/lib/python1.5/lib-dynload/libkdecmodule.so: symbol
> className__C10QImageDrag: referenced symbol not found

Where are Qt and KDE installed?  Can Solaris find the relevant shared
libraries?  Try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to
/opt/kde/lib, or wherever you've installed KDE.

(I have pyKDE installed, and have written part of a KDE application,
but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet.  It's a data point that
pyKDE really does work, though.)

any-technology-indistinguishable-from-magic-is-too-mysterious-to-trust-ly y'rs
    -- Tim Peters, 16 Feb 1999