Parrot: Why the clunky syntax?

Phil Hunt philh at vision25.demon.co.uk
Tue Aug 31 17:26:51 EDT 1999

In article <7qg7ek$k5e$1 at newshost.accu.uu.nl>
           m.faassen at vet.uu.nl "Martijn Faassen" writes:
> So what Greg was asking, why not use a more Pythonesque syntax for parrot,
> where indentation has actual meaning?

1. I like the current syntax

2. I have already written the parser (although i will enhance it to
do better error handling -- that's on the TODO list)

3. It wouldn't be particularly difficult to add a more Python-like
front end; I might do this sometime if I am feeling bored and have
nothing better to do; at the moment writing a tkinter backend is
the highest priority for Parrot, then it will actually be useful

Phil Hunt....philh at vision25.demon.co.uk