No man pages? (was Re: More random python observations from a perl programmer)

bowman bowman at montana.com
Fri Aug 20 00:08:05 EDT 1999

Tom Christiansen wrote:

> That there appears to be running a 1.5.1 version on a Redhat
> Linux system.  I haven't tried a from-scratch build.  I'm
> happy to blame RH.  Their doc situation is nasty.

Would that be the same RH5.2 that caused me a day's frustration because
their
Perl is so broken it can't handle PerlTk? You want to be careful
building Python 1.5.2, also, as a little misstep will break RH's
'glint', 'linuxconfig' and other Python based oddities.

--
Bear Technology  Making Montana safe for Grizzlies

http://people.montana.com/~bowman/