Returning none

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Thu Aug 26 12:15:57 EDT 1999

Paul,

I think this proposal would break too much existing
code, even for a Python 2 change.

Arguably, it may not be the best coding style, but I've
gotten used to functions returning None, if not otherwise
specified.  If your proposal could be guaranteed to
generate a compile-time error (could it?), it might
encounter less resistance, but I still wouldn't be
very enthusiastic about the idea.  I can appreciate
the issue you're addressing, though.

Best regards,

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon Research