How to link statically with python15.lib....

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Aug 5 18:41:44 EDT 1999

You cant.  These .lib files are only import libraries for the DLL.  They do
not contain the code, just pointers to the code in the DLL.  Same goes to
Tcl/Tk.

Your only option is to completely rebuild both Python and Tcl/Tk from
sources.  I dont know about Tcl/Tk, but Python does not include any support
for that at all - you will probably need to modify the VC project files etc
to make it work.

I dont really know what you expect to save.  If you ensure you distribute
Python15.dll with your app and place it in the same directory as your app,
you shouldnt have a problem.  And Python being Python, you will have alot of
work ahead to get a true, 1 file installation.  Look at Freeze and the
"Win32 Installer" from Gordon McMillan and see if these better suit your
requirements.

Mark.