Parrot-0.0.1

Skip Montanaro skip at mojam.com
Tue Aug 24 12:42:25 EDT 1999

    Victor> Once again: who need so-called GUI builders while we have
    Victor> scripting languages, which provide same level of abstraction,
    Victor> but much more flexibilty, becouse interface is created run-time?

There are a couple reasons something like Parrot would be useful.  One, as
stated by the author, multiple backends will help give you independence from
a particular GUI toolkit.  Not everyone can or will use Tcl/Tk.  Two, even
though I could use Tcl/Tk directly, I find the Python Tkinter and PMW
interfaces much easier to use than the raw Tcl interface, mostly because you
are using a language with a more studly software engineering foundation.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip at mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...