Why use Python when we've got Perl?

Aahz Maruch aahz at netcom.com
Sun Aug 15 00:50:15 EDT 1999

[c.l.perl.misc removed]

In article <37b634a2 at cs.colorado.edu>,
Tom Christiansen  <tchrist at mox.perl.com> wrote:

>So what do you do?  You either bail out of this untenable situation, as
>Larry Wall has done, or else "customer-service battle fatigue" sets in.
>When that happens, people end up getting snapped at, sometimes mistaking
>an honest learner for yet another beggar looking for handouts.  I dare
>say this would happen even in the best of families, given equivalent
>circumstances.  I do think that earnest individuals seriously wanting
>to work hard are still given the same helping hand they always got.

I've snipped the part of the post that I mostly agree with to disagree
somewhat with that last sentence.  Without going into details, there
were a couple of module maintainers who treated me somewhat roughly.
--
                      --- Aahz (@netcom.com)

Androgynous poly kinky vanilla queer het    <*>      http://www.rahul.net/aahz/
Hugs and backrubs -- I break Rule 6  (if you want to know, do some research)