Python equivilent of pack()?

Ben Gertzfield che at debian.org
Tue Aug 24 16:26:37 EDT 1999

    Bit> My question is this: is there a functional equivilent to the
    Bit> Perl pack() and unpack() functions in Python? Or even better,
    Bit> is there an easier way to do what I want with Python? If not,
    Bit> how many people think this would be

    Fred>   Take a look at the struct module; the pack() and unpack()
    Fred> functions are exactly what you're looking for!  (What names
    Fred> were you looking up in the index of the Library Reference?
    Fred> I'll add them to the index if they make sense to others.)

Fred, I think the problem is that the link to the index of all
functions in the library reference is hidden way down at the bottom of
the page, and as a very non-descript button hidden at the upper-right
hand corner of the page. In fact, I had no idea until just now that
such an index even existed for Python!

I think it must not be too uncommon for folks to miss out on the fact
that there's a function index to the library reference. Perhaps there
should be a big fat bold link to it at both the top and bottom of the
page.

It would also be a good idea to use better icons than 'toc' 'm' and
'i' at the top of the page; I know I completely overlooked them until
just now because they weren't very noticeable.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters R and Z and the number 4.
"If you turn both processors off, you will have to reboot."