More random python observations from a perl programmer

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Sat Aug 21 03:21:12 EDT 1999

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Neil Schemenauer wrote:
> As no one seems to have written a reply to all of Tom's points, I
> will make an effort.  Some of this information has been already
> presented in other posts.  Hopefully this will be an accurate
> summary.

[deliciously well-balanced summary snipped]

Accurate indeed; and a real pleasure to read. This is the Usenet at
its best.

You have such a talent for clear explanation that I would hope
you might try your hand at writing some succinct Python tutorials for
beginners. I'm sure they would earn a place beside Guido's own
Tutorial, Learning Python, and the Grimoire.