Python to Perl Conversions

Dan Schmidt dfan at harmonixmusic.com
Thu Aug 19 13:35:44 EDT 1999

Tom Christiansen <tchrist at mox.perl.com> writes:

| Online searchable documentation is critical in a technical subject
| like this.  Imagine libc without manpages!  Or having no manpages
| for the shell tools. Now, you might now be aware of this, but I
| happened to *write* most of that on-line documenation for Perl.  I'm
| super senstitive to not being able to look up docs using standard
| CLI text-based tools.  As you said, you would be frustrated not to
| have docs for tools or libraries.

I use the documentation in info format, which is basically plaintext
and easily searchable with text-based tools.  Select "GNU Info" from
<http://www.python.org/doc/current/download.html>.

I'm not trying to be an apologist for the lack of man pages, just
helping you find the plaintext documentation you (and I) prefer.

(no courtesy cc's, please)

                 Dan Schmidt -> dfan at harmonixmusic.com, dfan at alum.mit.edu
Honest Bob & the                http://www2.thecia.net/users/dfan/
Factory-to-Dealer Incentives -> http://www2.thecia.net/users/dfan/hbob/