running python on a floppy?

Daniel Goertzen goertzen at norscanNOSPAM.com
Mon Aug 30 10:35:44 EDT 1999

Doug Hellmann <doughellmann at home.com> wrote in message
news:37CA50EC.4FC03560 at home.com...
> Why are people still trying to fit distributions like this on a
> *floppy*?  Why not use a Zip disk?  Granted, they are more expensive,
> but there is *so* much more room.

I did try the zipslack distribution, but the continuous stream of kernel
warnings didn't encourage me.  Also, zip drives are not the most reliable
devices on the face of the earth (not that floppies are much better), and
are relatively expensive.

After looking at the problem further, I've come to conclusion that 1.44 mb
is just too tight.  An 8 meg flash disk with a compressed filesystem should
give me about 30 megs of space to play with; more than enough to do lots of
interesting things with python.

Regards,
Dan.