ZopeHTTP speed problem.

befletch at my-dejanews.com befletch at my-dejanews.com
Mon Apr 12 18:57:32 EDT 1999

I downloaded Zope to kick the tires a bit.  It looks very interesting,
but I am having a small problem with the ZopeHTTP server being really
slow.  It is taking about 5 seconds per HTTP request.  Does anyone have
an idea of what might be wrong here?

Here's some details;  ZopeHTTP is running on my 300Mhz W95 box. This
machine is on a LAN behind an NT proxy-server, but I don't think the
server is involved in anyway because even if I disable the server in
my (Netscape) browser and disconnect my machine from the LAN, I get
the same slow response time.  So far, I am just messing with the Zope
management pages, unmodified out-of-the-box.  I found I have to use
my machine's numeric IP address, not 'localhost' as the docs indicate.

Hmm.  That's all the potentially relevant details I can think of at
the moment.  Aside from this speed problem, I am encouraged by what I
see here.

Thanks for any help,
- Bruce