Python and Perl (was: converting perl to python)

Jeff Bauer jbauer at rubic.com
Thu Apr 29 19:54:33 EDT 1999

Ben Caradoc-Davies wrote:
> Perl is a fertile breeding ground for Pythonistas. I'm sure
> many expand into Python from Perl.

Count me as one such user.  I started using Perl for sysadmin
tasks back in the early 90's.  From there I expanded to
database management, text-mode UI's, code generation, etc.

My experience with Perl gave me the courage to "bet the farm"
on business projects with Python, starting in 1994.

One other debt I must acknowledge.  Prior even to Perl, I
had many pleasant experiences using Awk.  Does anyone remember
Jon Bentley's "Confessions of a Coder" books?  Marvelous stuff.

all-this-and-C++-too-ly yr's

Jeff Bauer
Rubicon, Inc.