COM Event Sinks and Connection Points in Python

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Apr 8 21:15:02 EDT 1999

Martin Bertolino wrote in message <7eie3h$sr$1 at newsin-1.starnet.net>...
>Some of COM features (especially when running in a Single Threaded
Apartment
>(STA)) depend on the application having an event loop. I have not looked at
>the sources for PythonWin, but I have looked at the Python ones, and I did
>not see any event loop servicing the event queue. This would explain why
you
>don't see the fired events.

I have tried that - although without a window (note pythoncom exposes enough
to run a message loop - win32event an even better one :)

Also tried running within Pythonwin (so it has a window), but not as a
control - still didnt work.  Seemed to need some of the control container
plumbing to be in place.

Dont think I tried all of the threading models tho...

Mark.