Tkinter: making a window unresizable (Win 95)

hj_ka at my-dejanews.com hj_ka at my-dejanews.com
Wed Apr 14 22:10:10 EDT 1999

Hi,

Toplevels in Tkinter in Windows-95 come with
the resizing button on the upper-right corner,
next to the iconify and close buttons.

Even if I use resizable(0,0) method of the
Tkinter.Toplevel class, the resizing button
still persists. And when I click on it, although the
window now does not resize, it still flickers and
moves around. This is kind of annoying.

Is there a way of creating a non-resizable
Toplevel in Tkinter more easily? Namely, is there
a way to eliminate the resizing button completely?

regards,

HJ