Help (PLEASE) CGI on 98/NT

aaron_watters at my-dejanews.com aaron_watters at my-dejanews.com
Mon Apr 12 09:52:53 EDT 1999

In article <370E9024.6D256DE8 at bullfrog-tech.com>,
  manus at python.net wrote:
> I had my Win95 Personal Web Server (PWS) up and running
> just fine, having merely followed the simple instructions on
> Aaron's pws.html page at the starship.
>
> So they go and give me a 98 machine.  Well, it has PWS, so
> you'd THINK it'd work if I did the same thing.  Nope.
>
> I get "500 Server Error" and NO other help from Mr. Gates.

Generally, whatever works for Perl should work for Python also
with few changes.  Maybe take a look at this

  http://www.DynamicNet.net/support/fp/perlwithPWS.htm

And lemme know if anything there helps, or search around using
dejanews, microsoft.com, lycos etc. for additional help, keywords="perl...".

When you fix it propose patches to
my page, please (or, I think there was a python-cgi faq somewhere
that could be updated too).  The problem may have to do with
mime type registration...
-- Aaron Watters

===
q: What do you call a drummer who's split with his girlfriend?
a: homeless.