Python as an ODBC *source* on windoze ?

Gaetan Corneau Gaetan_Corneau at baan.com
Tue Apr 13 10:59:00 EDT 1999

Boris,

> Is there a way to have Python on windows
> to act as an ODBC source (server) on windoze ?
[GC]
I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think so. You could always create a new
ODBC driver to interface the Python interpretor, but that would require much
work.

> Reason : to use the MS Access report generator
> component.
[GC]
The easy way is just to dump your data to a text file (comma or tab
delimited) and read it with MS Access: there is a Text ODBC driver that
works well.

Hope this helps,
   Gaetan Corneau
   Software Developer (System integration Team)
   BaaN  Supply Chain Solutions
   E-mail: Gaetan_Corneau at baan.com
   Compuserve: Gaetan_Corneau at compuserve.com
   ICQ Number: 7395494