Windows install has problems. Guido asked that I use this newsgroup to discus further

Evan Simpson evan at tokenexchange.com
Fri Apr 23 18:01:55 EDT 1999

Perhaps I'm missing some context here, but doesn't this thread refer to the
Windows Python Install program generated by Wise?  If so, Wise *by default*
fetches %PROGRAM_FILES% on systems which support it.

Barry Scott wrote in message
<924903282.24080.0.nnrp-10.9e982a40 at news.demon.co.uk>...
Mauro Cicognini <mcicogni at siosistemi.it> wrote in message
news:371FAE0F.43B33158 at siosistemi.it...
> Mmm, since I'm not an English-language OS user, I'd rather see that as
> %programfolder%\tcl\bin\tcl80.dll (I don't remember exactly, but I'm sure
there
> is a way to refer in a language-independent way to the folder that the US
> version calls "Program Files" since we use it in our installations.

    Its in the registry - but python cannot access the registry. So this
hack would not
    work for none english systems.