PIL fonts - Where are you?

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Thu Apr 15 15:51:05 EDT 1999

In article <002c01be8744$4a7af2d0$f29b12c2 at pythonware.com>, Fredrik
Lundh <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:

> pilfont has been tested with all files from the standard distribution,
> but the version shipped with 1.0b1 fails on fonts generated by some
> other tools.  most notable, it assumes that the FONT field is a full
> X11 font specifier, e.g:
>
> FONT -Adobe-Times-Medium-R-Normal--11-80-100-100-P-54-ISO8859-1

I note that in the fonts used with Snow, the above information is the
filename.  But such filenames are too long for MacOS.  Please consider
storing this info elsewhere, and using shorter file names.

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi