Does the standard ftplib module support proxies?

Dale Nagata dnagata at creo.com
Sun Apr 11 18:53:07 EDT 1999

Paul Moore wrote:

> The header says it all... I've looked in the manual, but I can't see
> anything about proxy (firewall) support, one way or another.
>
> Actually, the same question applies to httplib and urllib.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Moore.

It depends on what kind of proxy.
I've found it works fine if the proxy is the nice simple kind
that lets you connect to the proxy host on FTP port 21 and specify
the remote ftp location using the form user at site.
I haven't tried to make it work with any other kind (and there
are quite a few).

--
Dale Nagata         |  tel : +1 604.451.2700 ext. 2254 (UTC-0800)
Software Developer  |  fax : +1 604.437.9891