bug in PyGreSQL module

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at cnri.reston.va.us
Tue Apr 13 11:20:58 EDT 1999

I found an apparent bug in the Python interface to PostgreSQL.  I
tried sending a query to the author but haven't heard back, so I'm
looking for other users to see if they have run into the problem.
I have a table with lots of int fields, some of which of NULL.  When I
do a Python query, the PyGreSQL module converts the NULL to 0 instead
of None, which is the value I expected.  Is that a reasonable
expectation?

The PyGreSQL module doesn't implement the DB API, but I checked there
anyway.  Alas, it didn't say anything about how to handle NULL.

Jeremy