Python IS slow ! [was] Re: Python too slow for real world

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Fri Apr 30 10:40:19 EDT 1999

Randall Hopper wrote:

> Right.  I wasn't too clear.  By default, I mean I don't want to have to
> insert some commands/declarations for every namespace (every class, every
> method, every module, etc.) to lock them.  I want this to happen
> automagically based on a switch.

But the "right thing" varies on a class by class basis. Some classes in a
module need to be locked and some do not.

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

"Microsoft spokesman Ian Hatton admits that the Linux system would have
performed better had it been tuned."
"Future press releases on the issue will clearly state that the research