Tkinter Q

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Wed Apr 21 08:03:30 EDT 1999

Bjoern Giesler wrote:
> whenever I try to construct a slightly more complicated Tkinter test at
> the Python console, I get a FloatingPointError. The same program written
> to a file works flawlessly. Is that a known bug?

answer 1: no.

answer 2: what console?  the plain interpreter command
line interface?  if so, don't.  that interface doesn't keep
the Tkinter event loop going, so it's kinda impossible to do
any meaningful Tkinter programming from it.

(on the other hand, if you're using IDLE or any other Tkinter-
based environment which sports a console window, please
consider posting some sample code...)

</F>