pythonwin COM Update link out of date

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Apr 9 20:30:55 EDT 1999

Bernhard Reiter wrote in message ...
>http://www.python.org/ftp/python/pythonwin/pwindex.html#oadist
>
>Gives a bad link to the MS  Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q164529.
>The link is bad and I cannot relocate the article with the search
>engine on that site and other methods... :(
>
>The closest I could get was:
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q139/4/32.asp
>from
> http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads/LNP195.asp
>
>Hmmmm.... is there a potential danger in installing oadist.exe?

There _shouldnt_ be any danger!

These days it is getting quite unnecessary.  If you have (I believe) IE4 or
Office 97, you are pretty up-to-date, and that includes many PCs these days.

You could try installing the Python stuff, and see if it works.  Also, see
my other post this morning as to why the install may fail - try this out
first.

Mark.