GadFly - MemoryError

Oleg Broytmann phd at sun.med.ru
Wed Apr 7 04:16:38 EDT 1999

Hello!

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, arw wrote:
> I don't know why you have this problem.
> Gadfly should not construct the cross product with
> the equality you mention present.
> (b1.URL = b2.URL)

   I freed some memory and the program worked. It ate 30 Megs while running,
so I was in need of memory. But it ran 30 minutes (on 3000 rows!)

> Please try adding an index on URL on the table
> in question.  Also, maybe try increasing your virtual
> memory (page file size, or whatever).

   Indices or compiled kjbuckets was not of big help - instead of running
35 minutes the program ran 30. I think, my computer spent more time
swapping, not working.

> Good luck.  fwiw, I've definitely run tables with
> 100k rows in Gadfly on a 64Meg machine.
>    -- Aaron Watters

   You are in luck.

> ps: let me know how it goes.

   Not so good. I think I would not use gadfly, at least for this project
(currently I am using very simple "database", that stored in text files. Of
course, I cannot make complex requests, sucj as joins).

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann  National Research Surgery Centre  http://sun.med.ru/~phd/