GUI and creating GIF

Richard Jones Richard.Jones at fulcrum.com.au
Thu Apr 29 20:24:45 EDT 1999

[Mike Steed]

> John Leach wrote:
> >
> > I'd also like to use gdmodule but I can't understand the documentation
> > (I've emailed to ask Richard Jones for more docs). I'm new to Python.
> > Does anyone have any sample programs they can send?
>
> You might look at Richard's httpd logfile reporting tool (graph.py uses
> gdmodule).
>
> http://starship.python.net/~richard/httpd_log/
>
> Also, below is a simple demo that used to be distributed with gdmodule,
> although it doesn't appear to be on Richard's site anymore.  I don't
> have "demoin.gif", so you will have to tweak the code some....

   I lost the code, docs and demo scripts about a couple of months ago. I'll
put this demo script back up on the web page.

   "demoin.gif" comes with GD - but you could use any GIF image.

   graph.py is not something I'd point anyone to as sample code :) ... I'd feel
much better pointing them to the PIL version which I wrote much more recently
with a better design.

      Richard