Secure Python for embedding

Per Knudsgaard perk at int.tele.dk
Mon Apr 5 17:56:20 EDT 1999

   Hi all,

   I have a situation where I would like to add a scripting language to the
client of a client-server application.  The server will, as part of the
communication between client and server, provide the client with scripts to
run.  I would like it to be secure so I do not end in a situation where I
expose the client machine to virae, Trojan horses or similar nasty things.
In other words, I would like the scripts to be run in their own little
"sandbox" environment.  I have the embedding almost down, but what I have is
a fully functional language within the client.  Is there any way, without
modifying the core Python code, that I can implement a secure scripting
language using Python?

   -- Per.