Read MS Access 97 *.mdb files with python??

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Thu Apr 29 12:19:09 EDT 1999

gemodek wrote:

> Does somebody know some
> piece of soft which can this??

Use PythonWin, create an interface for
Microsoft DAO (your version) with the
makepy utility, and then use COM to access Access.

Something like

import win32com.client
engine=win32com.client.Dispatch("dao.dbengine.35")

Then you can use every method of the database
engine, as you can find in the VBA help file
of your copy of the MS Access distribution.

> Or does somebody know if the description of
> the format ia avaible (for free of course).

That's a long awaited feature which I guess will never
be available.

ciao - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net