GUI and creating GIF

Joe Strout joe at strout.net
Thu Apr 29 13:45:02 EDT 1999

In article <7g7u2k$fr0$1 at wanadoo.fr>, Frank.Derville
<Frank.Derville at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> I would like to
> 1) create a GIF file under Python by drawing lines, text, ... I have looked
> at Tk which can create bitmaps and photoimage but their seem to be no
> possibility to transform a canvas into a photoimage.
> 2) rotate some text on a canvas.

You can do this with PIL (Python Imaging Library), but it's a little
painful.

You can also try PIDDLE, which is still under development -- but it can
do this if you're brave.  It's the piddlePIL backend that you'd want.
See:    http://www.strout.net/python/piddle/ for more info.

Cheers,
-- Joe

|    Joseph J. Strout           Biocomputing -- The Salk Institute |
|    joe at strout.net             http://www.strout.net              |
Check out the Mac Web Directory!    http://www.strout.net/macweb.cgi