Python and C

Cameron Laird claird at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
Tue Apr 27 17:55:34 EDT 1999

In article <37243B44.AE6231AE at serop.abb.se>, thstr  <thstr at serop.abb.se> wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm writing a function-test-program i C (no C++ involved).
>It will parse header-files, extracting functions and types to some
>information module. That module should be used for declaring variables
>and calling functions. One module for every logically grouped set of
>functions (like a class).
>I would like to add some kind of command interpreter to which you can
>type commands like "test  functionA(arg1, arg2, ...)" and automatically
>find a declaration for this function i above mentioned module.
>For some reasons I'd like this interpreter in Python (like a static
>module), linked with C at compile time, is this possible??
			.
			.
			.
It's more than possible.  It's a well-established practice.
comp.lang.python is the newsgroup where you'll find the best
help on this topic.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird at NeoSoft.com      +1 281 996 8546 FAX