pythonwin/mapi crystal ball needed

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Apr 22 19:19:44 EDT 1999

Gustin Kiffney wrote in message <7fnbks$ga1$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

>Anyway I've long put off learning much about MFC/COM/MAPI because
>it looked too hard, but now have to find a way to implement a MAPI
>service provider (an address book).  I've looked at the MAPI stuff
>in the python win32all distribution and it looks pretty complete (anyway,
>it looks like lots of stuff that I don't understand yet is there).

Unfortunately, Python can not do this.  The MAPI support allows us to _use_
MAPI objects, whereas implementing an Address Book provider requires you to
implement them.

The only way to go this route is to enhance the MAPI support to be able to
do this.  This would not be trivial - I would allow myself 1 week to do
this.  However, as writing an Address Book provider is very hard, and lots
of code, I personally would probably still go this route - I think the week
invested would buy me time...

Sorry I can't be more help, or give better news...

Mark.