COM Event Sinks and Connection Points in Python

Mark Hammond MHammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Apr 7 18:54:12 EDT 1999

cingram at my-dejanews.com wrote in message
<7eggfh$o0f$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>...
>I am trying to use functionality from a DLL that requires me to create a
COM
>event sink so that it can call back with events.  I am trying to write this
>event sink in Python.  However, when I try to create a SimpleConnection
>object, it gives this exception: "Unable to open the access token of the

There appears to be some problem using connection points from Python.exe.
Some objects - mainly OCX controls - only fire event when running inside
Pythonwin as an OCX.

The "threading bug" I mention isnt the same as this.  The threading bug will
actually cause Python to die completely with an access violation.  I am
fairly certain they are not related.

Events seem a black art.  Im happy to help you track this down, but I havent
much time...

Mark.