problem running 1.5.2 on Win95

Dan Schmidt dfan at harmonixmusic.com
Wed Apr 21 12:18:16 EDT 1999

Jim Kerr <jbkerr at sr.hp.com> writes:

| Hello,
|
|   I tried installing the 1.5.2 binaries on my Win95b machine,
| and the results weren't happy.
|
|   I opted to install both Python and Tcl/Tk, and the process
| seemed to go smoothly. Since there were no warnings to the
| contrary, I installed on top of my existing 1.5.1 files.
|
|   The problem is, when I try to run PythonWin or IDLE, an
| error dialog comes up:
|

| +  Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
| +
| +     	Runtime Error!
| +	Program: C:\PROGRAM FILES\PYTHON\PYTHONWIN\PYTHONWIN.EXE
| +
| +	abnormal program termination
|

|   Any ideas what's wrong here?

This happened to me too (I also installed 1.5.2 on top of 1.5.1).
Then I de-installed 1.5.1, and re-installed 1.5.2 from scratch, and
everything worked fine.

I think I had neglected to install the 1.5.2 version of win32all.  I
wouldn't be surprised if your problem were the same.  In any case,
doing a clean install is safest.

                 Dan Schmidt -> dfan at harmonixmusic.com, dfan at alum.mit.edu
Honest Bob & the                http://www2.thecia.net/users/dfan/
Factory-to-Dealer Incentives -> http://www2.thecia.net/users/dfan/hbob/