running application config files written in Python

Bjoern Giesler un4e at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Apr 28 05:53:54 EDT 1999

Hi,

According to David Steuber:
> wanted to point out that you will be executing actual code not unlike
> the VBA macros in Microsoft Word with this technique.  The Melissa
> virus was written in VBA in a Word document.  If there is a way to
> sandbox such code, I would love to hear how

Look at the documentation of the "rexec" module in the Library Reference;
should do exactly what you want.

Regards,
		--Bjoern
PS David: a) Faking headers is Not A Good Thing. b) 12 lines of signature
(even more in your previous mails) are Not A Good Thing Either.
--
--------------------------------/\--One OS to rule them all---Windows NT-----
Bjoern Giesler                 /  \  One OS to find them