Maximize Benefit when Purchasing Learning Python

Martijn Faassen faassen at pop.vet.uu.nl
Thu Apr 29 06:18:26 EDT 1999

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> Hi All--
>
> "Michael P. Reilly" wrote:
> >
> > David Ascher <da at ski.org> wrote:
> > : On Wed, 28 Apr 1999 jkraai at murl.com wrote:
> >
> > :> How can I help whom when purchasing Python books?
> >
> > : I'll dare to speak for Mark, and say that you should feel free to send
> > : either Mark or I (or both) checks for any amount whatsoever.  Skip the
> > : middleman.  Save trees -- don't buy the book, just send us cash. Don't
> > : hesitate for a minute.
> >
> > Better yet.  Secure web credit-card transfers?  Saves the paper from the
> > envelopes and checks/bills. ;)
> >
> >   -Arcege
>
> People wonder what attracts me to Python.  I claim it's the genteel
> comportment, sophisticated manner, and air of refined ennui projected by
> the participants in the online discussion.
>
> <to-say-nothing-of-the-pure-unadulterated-greed>-ly y'rs,
> Ivan

I hereby wish to say you people are welcome to send me checks and money
and stuff too. I don't care so much about trees as you all do
apparently, so free books are welcome as well. :)

But, you might say, Martijn, you haven't done a thing that makes me want
to send you money and gifts! Well, this is no problem -- you can send
them to me anyway.

I-love-this-newsgroup-ly yours,

Martijn