running application config files written in Python

David Steuber trashcan at david-steuber.com
Fri Apr 30 18:27:48 EDT 1999

Bjoern Giesler <un4e at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de> writes:

-> PS David: a) Faking headers is Not A Good Thing. b) 12 lines of signature
-> (even more in your previous mails) are Not A Good Thing Either.

a)  Which headers are you referring too?  The return address I am
using is valid.  However, I get so much spam that I rarely check it
any more.  I basicly expect replys to go the the news groups so that
everyone may benifit if by some miracle I ask a good question.

b)  I still have some wrinkles to work out with my signature.  I have
a fixed portion of text followed by the output of the fortune
program.  I can shorten the fixed portion easily enough.  However, I
don't know how to make fortune grab only short quotes.  It is pot luck
whether it is one line or ten.

In the interim, I'll knock out four lines.

--
David Steuber   |   s/trashcan/david/ if you wish to reply by mail

	Overheard in a bar:
Man: "Hey, Baby, I'd sure like to get in your pants!"
Woman: "No, thanks, I've already got one ass-hole in there now."