stdout in a restricted environment

Chris AtLee catlee at globalserve.net
Thu Apr 22 08:12:06 EDT 1999

I'm trying to make a program that will enable users to connect to a server
running a python interpreter and be able to program in a restricted
environment in that interpreter.  The rexec object has methods called s_exec
and s_eval which are supposed to use secure forms of the standard I/O
streams, but I can't redefine them to be something else (specifically, an
object that sends the response back to the client)  Any pointers on how to
go about redirecting the standard I/O streams from a restricted environment?

Cheers,
Chris