Is there a 'make' replacement written in python ?

Martijn Faassen faassen at pop.vet.uu.nl
Thu Apr 15 13:35:24 EDT 1999

Markus Kohler wrote:

> I'm looking for a replacement for the 'make' command

While the Python distutils don't fully intend to replace 'make', the
distutils do have code for platform independent building of C
extensions, so some basic make facilities are included.

I'm sure that code can use more work, so you're very welcome to join the
distutils SIG if you're interested. :) Inspiration from other make
replacements like 'Cons' is of course very welcome.

Regards,

Martijn