[Python-legal-sig] Is CLA required to send and accept edits for Python documentation?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Aug 16 05:09:24 CEST 2013

Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> writes:

> What do you call "non free implementations"? The CPython *source code*
> is free and has to stay that way; it is just not copyleft, therefore
> not necessarily distributed with binaries.

Non-copyleft also means it can be redistributed as non-free software.

For example, a bundled Python interpreter in a non-free application; or
a Python dialect redistributed as a non-free program. I would agree that
any such implementation is a “non-free implementation”.

--
 \            “Program testing can be a very effective way to show the |
  `\        presence of bugs, but is hopelessly inadequate for showing |