[python-ldap] syncrepl_entry returns all entries

muzzol muzzol at gmail.com
Thu May 30 06:03:09 EDT 2019

> Syncrepl just notifies the client about the new version of the entry as
> modified, the client is then expected to locate the entry with the given
> entryUUID and replace it with the new version.

ok, it would be nice if modified attributes were notified too.

> If you are replicating from OpenLDAP, you can set up the accesslog
> overlay and replicate its database (after you have run the initial sync
> on the original DB), you can send the same cookie when transitioning
> from one to the other. Entries there describe changes performed to the
> database and this is exactly what OpenLDAP uses to implement delta-sync
> replication.

but that's provider-dependent and I would like to implement something more
agnostic and relying only in protocol.
I'm using RH/389 DS mostly in my installations btw.

do you know if is there any plans to implement this?
reading RFC

--
     ^ ^