[python-ldap] syncrepl fix for pyasn1 >= 0.3

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Sun Nov 19 15:30:32 EST 2017

Ilya Etingof wrote:
> I think pyasn1 0.4.1 is mostly ready to be released. I have been
> trying to run relevant Python-LDAP tests with pyasn1 master [1] to
> make sure there are no regressions. Tests pass but I am not convinced
> they actually run through the pyasn1 code at all.

I'm afraid there's currently zero test coverage of pyasn1-related code
in python-ldap. I will work on that. But for interop tests many of the
controls would need full-featured build of OpenLDAP with all the overlays.

You can look at scripts in Demo/pyasn1/ with syncrepl.py being the most
complex one.

BTW: I've committed many changes to CVS HEAD hunking out compat stuff
for Python prior 2.7 and cleaning up the code in general.