[python-ldap] Can i check if the group exist in active directory using python ldap

Sebastian Wiesner sebastian.wiesner at tu-dresden.de
Fri Sep 9 08:37:59 EDT 2016

Hi,

the actual filter string for "user in group exist" depends on which LDAP
object is holding this information inside which attribute, so please
provide further information. Provided your group RDN part is cn=<group
name>,ou=Group your filterstring for verifying a special group exists is
as follows:

(&(ou:dn:=Group)(cn=<group name>))

Kind regards