[python-ldap] segfault/Abort for operations with unbound connection

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Tue Jan 26 06:06:12 EST 2016

Petr Viktorin wrote:
> On 12/02/2015 04:29 PM, Space One wrote:
>> how can I check if a connection is still valid? Is there some
>> no-operation which is really fast?
>> I tried to just use whoami_s() but this segfaults always:

Thanks for the patch. Fix for Modules/LDAPObject.c will be released in 2.4.26.

I also wonder whether ldap.ldapobject.LDAPObject.unbind_ext() should simply
remove class attribute LDAPObject._l and a check be added to method
LDAPObject._ldap_call(). That would be an approach which protects any C method
implementation from being called for invalid LDAP connection.