[python-ldap] Issues installing py-ldap2

Christopher Dukes chris.dukes.aix at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 17:28:35 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 10:57 -0500, McCann, Brian wrote:
> Hi all.  I've spent a few hours trying to figure this out and it's driving me nutty.
>
> I have one FreeBSD "ports" machine I build packages on, then install those packages on all my various servers (of the same OS version.  In this case, FreeBSD 6.2)  On that machine, I've built and packaged py-ldap2 without issue.  When I try to install that package on another machine, it fails.  Here's the output of the pkg_add (story continues after output):

You clipped off what you ran to give all the error output of "Hey I
can't find some really critical files."  The command you ran to produce
the error messages is more important than the error messages.

[SNEEP of long crap indicating files not found]

Anyways this isn't a python-ldap question so much as "How do I
effectively distribute Ports on FreeBSD"

Read the "pkg_add" manpage, drop down to the Environment section.  Note
the environment variables "PKG_PATH", "PACKAGEROOT", and "PACKAGESITE".

For the clients installing packages you built... set those environment
variables appropriately, and use 'pkg_add -r', or use portmaster with
the appropriate options to use the remote or "local" repositories.  If
you need further assistance, seek abuse on the appropriate FreeBSD
mailing list.