[python-ldap] older python versions not available anymore

Peter Jacobs Peter.Jacobs at icts.kuleuven.be
Tue Jun 7 18:45:33 CEST 2011

Hello,

We use the python-ldap library in our Plone installations.
Recently when running a buildout installation script, it broke when downloading python-ldap version 2.3.11.
It turns out that this version has been removed from pypi: http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/p/python-ldap/

This seems to me very inconvenient for a lot of people, as we depend on specific versions of packages.
E.g. on our RedHat 5.5 server we cannot use 2.3.12 because it gives an error (dependency on some version of some other system library?)

We will try to solve this issue for ourselves by implementing our own local egg cache, but I think it would be a plus for many people to keep older versions online?

Kind regards,

Peter Jacobs
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Dienst ICTS
http://www.kuleuven.be