problem with set_option and tls

Mike Lovell mike at mozy.com
Tue Jun 2 18:53:50 CEST 2009

Michael Ströder wrote:
> Mike Lovell wrote:
>
>> Michael Ströder wrote:
>>
>>> I guess you're using python-ldap built against OpenLDAP 2.3 client libs.
>>> With OpenLDAP 2.4 connection-specific TLS options should be supported.
>>>

>> I am using a machine with Ubuntu 9.04 which has the 2.4 OpenLDAP
>> libraries.
>>

> Please post the exact OpenLDAP version.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

So, I was testing this on an Ubuntu 9.04 system that was upgraded from
8.10 and has various other quirks and it was showing this problem. I
just tested on a Debian Lenny system which has libldap-2.4-2 with
python-ldap 2.3.5-1 and it works fine. So I am guessing it is just
another one of the quirks with the system I was using.

mike