Limited the usage of SF services for python-ldap

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Thu Apr 9 20:29:32 CEST 2009

HI!

Please note that from now on python-ldap releases and docs will not be
made available trough SF's file release area anymore. SF's new web
interface is even worse than the old one. The download pages are much
too complicated for implementing automatic installation.

The web page
http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/download.shtml
already points to:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-ldap/

I think this is the appropriate place for providing python-ldap
distribution files. I'd encourage others to upload their Win32 builds or
whatever there. Let me know if you need access to python-ldap's PyPI entry.

Also the docs are stored directly in the web space:
http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/docs.shtml

I also disabled SF services for python-ldap's SF project entry which
were not used anyway and only spammed ("News" and "Documentation").

More news on that to come.