Creating Active Directory Objects

Joe Little joe at open-it.org
Thu Nov 8 19:12:12 CET 2007

Here's something that may be useful in this conversation about AD
Objects. I wrote with some reference help a script to pack a SID as I
was creating the necessary objects to create AD accounts from python
using python-ldap:

"""
packsid
"""

import base64,struct

def packsid(textsid):

   if textsid[0] != 'S':
     return;
   data = (textsid[2:]).split('-')
   rev = int(data[0])
   idauth = int(data[1])
   subauthcount = len(data) - 2
   packedsid = struct.pack("8B", rev, subauthcount, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,
idauth)
   for i in range(0,subauthcount):
     addpack = struct.pack("<L", long(data[2+i]))
     packedsid = packedsid+addpack
   return packedsid

respack = packsid('S-1-5-21-1398680112-2183325515-263647921-996')
resenc = base64.encodestring(respack)
print resenc

I barely remember how I arrived at each part, but it was mostly
through trial and error.